Monday, July 18, 2011

My Life is a Sober Living House - Intro


The last month of my life has been completely unpredictable.

I had all plans set, and arrangements made to move to Bloomington, MN on June 28, 2011. It is now July 18, 2011 and guess where I am...back in Waldorf, MD with my family. I live with my parents sometimes, and with my sister's family the rest of the time. I am also on a mean job hunt (had an interview today).

I spoke to a friend of mine about moving to a random state, and starting a more focused life. I planned to get established, and just enjoy being in a new environment. I looked into Bloomington, and decided it was perfect for me. My "friend" insisted that I move in with her for a bit, so I could find a nice place and a good job w/o feeling rushed. Long story short (so I can get to this sober living lol), I stopped hearing from her 4 days before my flight. I have not heard from her since. No calls, no texts, no emails, no responses, NO NOTHING! OH WAIT....there was an accidental phone call =/

Clearly this altered almost every aspect of my life! I had already quit my job, put in notice to move, and bought my plane ticket. I had no choice but to move back home (smh), and let my friend and her husband (thanks T&M) watch Hazen and Marley. Most people would take the situation as a really bad thing, but being the pessimistic optimist that I am (yes I know its an oxymoron), I've tried to find the good aspects of this situation I'm in:

1)I can be around to watch my niece in her early stages of development (she will be 2 mths tomorrow)
2)Being around my family more is great!
3)I have been able to really evaluate some friendships and realize...I don't have as many "friends" as I thought.
4)Sobriety is much easier to attain b/c no one in my immediate day-to-day life does anything!

The list could definitely go on, but I will stop here...let's talk about sobriety! As you all know...I have been a functioning pot head for a while now. Most call me a hippy b/c of my free spirit coupled with my stoner ways. Alas, I have decided, yet again, to quit! Today is Day 2 for me. I'm honestly not in the mood to write out all the reasons why I've come to this decision again, but let's just say I feel very confident this time. And to help me cope I have decided to make this blog a daily journal for the next few months. I will document life (ups, downs, withdrawls, everything!) sans the soothing anxiety relief of natural herbs! I hope you all are ready to take this journey with me!

On that note...tomorrow I will begin My Life is a Sober Living House - Day 3. Feel free to comment, encourage, share stories, give advice to help me...whatever!

*hugs and love*
iCandy

0 comments: