Thursday, March 10, 2011

Back....Again

*looks around, takes in a deep breath, then smiles* Ahh how refreshing to be here once again. WHEN will I ever stop taking these ridiculous blog breaks, and get serious about blogging again? I'm not even sure how I manage to neglect blogging b/c it's something I truly do enjoy!

Well I've been sitting here for weeks now thinking about blogging, but am just now deciding to jump back in and write. Dilemma #1: What to blog about? After much consideration I've decided that this blog may be random lol (shoot me *shrugs). I want to catch you up with Who's Who and What's New with iCandy, BUT I also want to speak on my current disgust with where we ask blacks are headed, and how low our standards are! *scrunches face in disgust*

So I've started my locs!! I shed the weaves, wigs, tracks...WHATEVER, and am bearing my hair au naturale. Might I be the first to say...I LOVE IT! This sort of brings me to how black women are viewed in society and what's accepted as "sexy". In today's age everything is about being fake, or so it seems. Fake behinds, fake tits, fake hair, fake lashes, FAKE, FAKE FAKE FAKE, FAKKKKKKE! I'm over it!! It's like if a black woman hasn't done something to make herself look like America's Next Top Video Vixen, then she's not hot. WHEN THE HECK DID THAT BECOME THE STANDARD?! And furthermore, young girls no longer want to become the next....Ophrah, they want to become the next...Top Stripper =/ Huh? (o_O) I'm completely and utterly appauled by the things we have decided are the definition of successful! People are praising women for exploiting their bodies to become a low budget C-List celeb living beyond their means?! People personalities change because suddenly they got butt shots, and now they're the hotness? What happened to respecting our bodies, and being humble? I'll be the first to say I've been a victim of living the fast life, and exploiting myself in ways that I shouldn't have, BUT I truly see a problem with living that way! I'm glad I'm getting my life in order, and no longer feel I need to be living like a freakin' millionaire before it's my time! I'm not in a rush to have too many things. I'm completely alright with climbing the latter of wealth and life the way it was intended to be....all while gaining respect and dignity along the way. I aspire to be married with children one day, and I want to be a role model to show that life can be grand without taking the sideways route to get there.

I digress, one major thing I need to inform you all of is that I moved to VA, NOT to MD as I initially blogged. This move happened randomly, and has been a great experience. If any of my old blog followers ever end up reading this, you will know I was cool with the blogger named Pink. Well...Pink is my roommate now!! This is our 2nd time living together, and it's going great! We have 2 dogs...Haze'n (Haze n' Honey Dutches -I had her already), and Marley (Madame Marley Purple Hazington). I love it in VA, and I'm still saving money on rent.

I guess that's it for this blog. I'll update you more over time =]

*hugs and love*
iCandy

0 comments: